It’s Friday and I couldn’t be happier!! There are TONS are great things going on this weekend, so many that there is no way I’m going to be able to do everything I’d love to this weekend. Since there are way to many great things to list I’m just going to pull out the highlight (AKA stuff I’d like to do).
Saturday, September 20
- 2014 Dulles Day Festival and Plane Pull – Billed as the Special Olympics Virginia’s “heaviest” fundraiser the Dulles Day Plane Pull pits teams of 25 against a 164,000 pound Airbus! Which ever team pulls it 12 feet the fastest gets bragging rights and a t-shirt! There is also a truck pull for teams of kids, a car show, aircraft displays, live music, a 5 and 10K (I’ll be out there running!!) and lots more! Check out the web page to learn more about a great way to support a great organization!
- Beer, Bourbon & BBQ festival – Yes please!! Do I really need to say more here? 60 beers, 40 bourbons and lots of BBQ, Live music, seminars on smoking, brewing and distilling! I can’t think of a better way to celebrate finishing that 5K! As an aside, I will not be participating in the Miss Daisy Dukes Contest.
- Think Pink Floyd @ Tarara Winery – wind up your crazy Saturday with a glass of wine and an awesome Pink Floyd cover band. Tarara is great concert venue. Bing your picnic dinner and buy your wine there!
Sunday, September 21
- Bluemont Fair – If you have never visited Bleumont get in your car and head out there on Sunday! Bluemont lays at the foot of the Blue Ridge and is about as beautiful as can be. The Bluemont festival harkens back to a simpler time with a model train display, pie and pickle contests and great music. There is also wine tasting from some of Loudoun County’s amazing wineries! This really is a don’t miss event!
- “Farm to Fork” Dinner – Ok, so this one is a splurge, but it sounds really lovely. A seven-course dinner featuring local bounty from around the Chesapeake region. The preparation is said to disply the purest example of the relationship between farmer and cook. There is also a cocktail hour with the chefs if you’re interested in the VIP option. This sounds like an AMAZING date night!
- FOOTBALL – despite recent bumps in the road it’s still America’s game and I still love it. This weekend the Redskins are taking on the Philadelphia Eagles while the Steeler’s are away in Caroline against the undefeated Panthers.
Have a Happy weekend! I know that I will!